The Yarmouth Ice Club offers a variety of programs and activities that are designed to encourage every member, regardless of their skating skills, to participate and enjoy the benefits of club membership. Expand each section below to learn more.
YIC Academy BRIDGE Program
The Yarmouth Ice Club Academy Bridge Program (BRIDGE) is designed to teach skating skills at a faster pace in a group lesson environment and is perfect for skaters who have advanced quickly in the Learn to Skate program and are looking to take their figure skating to the next level. Skaters at Basic 5 and above are welcome to join. This summer we will once again offer our Summer Bridge program for young skaters at LTS Basic 5 and above. Summer Bridge meets on Wednesday morning during July and August from 8:00 am – 9:45 pm. The program includes 50 minutes of on-ice instruction and 45 minutes of off-ice strength conditioning and stretching exercise designed specifically for figure skaters. Please see the attached form for additional information or contact Tessa (below) or Kara Moss as email@example.com.
Why Enroll in BRIDGE Lessons?
- This unique figure skating program is designed for skaters who are ready to move beyond Basic Skills classes offered in the Learn to Skate program but not yet ready to commit to private weekly lessons with a coach.
- Classes include 50 minutes of on-ice and 45 minutes of off-ice instruction lead by Yarmouth Ice Club USFS certified coach, Tessa Riccio.
- Each week, skaters work on skating curriculum designed by the US FigureSkating. The curriculum includes components such as stroking, edges, turns, spins, and jumps.
- Class sizes are limited to provide your skater with the attention he/she needs to gain confidence in their skating ability and master the skills necessary to reach their goals.
- Academy students participate in Yarmouth Ice Club exhibition shows.
The next session of BRIDGE will begin in July 2017. Please contact Tessa Riccio at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click on the link below for the Summer Bridge registration form.